E-waste is a popular, informal name for electronic products nearing the end of their “useful life.” Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, Feature phone, I Phones, Laptop, Desktop, Thin Clients, Air Conditioners, Televisions, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, VCDs, stereos, copiers, and fax machines are common electronic products. Many of these products can be reused, refurbished, or recycled.
E-waste has been one of the fastest-growing waste streams in the world. While e-waste contains valuable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, palladium, and silver, it also contains harmful substances like cadmium, lead, and mercury. In the absence of proper awareness, disposing of e-waste in landfills can result in toxic emissions to the air, water, and soil and pose serious health and environmental hazards.
Initiative to crub eWaste
Under the guidelines of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 and TRUE COLORS SOLUTIONS & TECHNOLOGIES INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED stands committed to implementing E-Waste Rules.
We, TRUE COLORS SOLUTIONS & TECHNOLOGIES INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, understand there is a need to encourage recycling of all useful and valuable material from e-waste so as to conserve the ever depleting natural resources. Recycling end-of-life discarded products are vital if we are to save resources and minimize landfills. TRUE COLORS SOLUTIONS & TECHNOLOGIES INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED understands its responsibility and in this regard, we have tied up with one of the leading and authorized e-waste recyclers namely CLEAN TECH for facilitating our customers to enable them to dispose of e-waste products after its end-of-life.
CLEAN TECH one of the renowned recyclers is a pioneer of recycling e-waste in the most organized manner in India. Authorized by CPCB and MPCB and are committed towards Environmental Social & Corporate Governance. They have expertise in assisting Producers in fulfilling their compliances related to EPR and E-waste Management.
Benefits of recycling of E-waste
- E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being landfilled.
- E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
- Protects your surroundings- Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Conserves natural resources- Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Helps others – Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Saves landfill space – E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
Recycling of E-waste
The company has tied -up with the M/S CLEAN TECH for collection of all our E-waste on PAN India and disposes the same at their plant at B/8, Gala No-3, Parasnath Indl. Estate, Anjurphata Road, Vill- Val, Tal- Bhiwandi, Dist- Thane- 421302 Mumbai, India Customer can reach or call on Toll-Free No 18005323444. Our representatives explain to them about the process of disposal and make them aware of the nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste also give information about incentive we will offer to them against their end of life product. If any customer wants to hand over the material from their doorsteps, we do send either our logistics team or M/S CLEAN TECH team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing.
Dos & Don’ts
- Always look for information on the catalog with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
- Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection Centres/points to dispose of products that have reached end-of-life.
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries, or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Centres/Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from the product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having the “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose of your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
E-WASTE RECYCLING & COLLECTION MECHANISM FOR CONSUMER
As per the E-waste Regulation under E-waste (Management) Rule, 2016 and TRUE COLORS SOLUTIONS & TECHNOLOGIES INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED being a good corporate citizen understand the responsibility towards the environment and thus following the mechanism for collection of e-waste and channelizing it for safe recycling:
If any of the End consumers willing to dispose or recycle their end of life product /e-waste can call or reach us at our Recycling Partner toll-free number, CLEAN TECH representative would explain to our customers about the process of disposal and make them aware of the nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste or we send our logistic team to pick the e-waste from the doorstep of the customer and channelize the same to our E-waste partner B/8, Gala No-3, Parasnath Indl. Estate, Anjurphata Road, Vill- Val- Bhiwandi, Dist- Thane- 421302 Mumbai, India for final processing.
Toll Free No. 18005323444 for End Consumer reach:
Once any end consumer will contact us at our Toll free no. for handover the end of life product /e-waste for proper disposal, CLEAN TECH representative will get information to end customer about any incentive or exchange offer that may be an offer, at that time, against their end of life product and encourage customers/end users to deposit any of their old absolute products (spare parts) and their accessories (irrespective of brand) and also propose to exchange the same with a promotional voucher or any other lucrative offers depending upon the remaining Life of the Product.
For reverse logistics CLEAN TECH company has signed an agreement with OM Logistics Ltd. services across India for the collection of end-of-life product/ e-waste. If any end consumer wishes to handover the end of life product/ e-waste from their doorstep, we send our logistic OM Logistics Ltd. logistic partner of our Recycling Partner CLEAN TECH to collect the end of life product/ e-waste and channelize the same at Recycling partner B/8, Gala No-3, Parasnath Indl. Estate, Anjurphata Road, Vill- Val- Bhiwandi, Dist- Thane- 421302 Mumbai, India.
The mantra of “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” applies here.
- Reduce your generation of e-waste through smart handling and good maintenance.
- Reuse still functioning electronic equipment by donating to us.
- Recycle those products that cannot be repaired. Customer may hand over their end-of-life products to our nearest drop points for proper Recycling.
We look forward to your support in ensuring safe and efficient disposal of e-waste which is a shared responsibility between our valued consumers and us. We value your co-operation.
To know more about safe and secure recycling and proper disposal of end-of-life electrical and Electronic Products Customer can contact at our toll-free number at:
Toll-free No. 18005323444
CLEAN TECH has signed an agreement with OM Logistics Ltd. for reverse logistics for the Channelization of E-waste to the facility.